More Facts / Boxing Gear Shop / Beginner Boxing Training Tips
- Boxing is also called pugilism.
- Boxing as a sport dates back to ancient Greeks who made it part of Olympic games as early as 688 BC.
- The result is decided when an opponent is deemed incapable to continue match by a referee or if an opponent is disqualified for breaking a rule, resigning by throwing in a towel, or by judges' scorecards at the end of the bout.
- There are two forms of boxing - amateur and professional.
| Amateur Boxing is an Olympic sport since it's introduction in the 1904 Summer Olympic Games
||Professional Boxing is not an Olympic sport
|Are geared to protect the health and safety of the athlete. Uniform in all 190 AIBA affiliated countries.
|| Rules vary from country to country, sometimes even within one country.
- Greatest Heavyweight Of All Time: Muhammad Ali- 56-5-0
- Greatest Cruiserweight Of All Time: Evander Holyfield- 44-10-2
- Greatest Light Heavyweight Of All Time: Ezzard Charles- 93-25-1
- Greatest Super Middleweight Of All Time: Joe Calzaghe- 46-0
- Greatest Middleweight Of All Time: Carlos Monzon- 87-3-9
- Greatest Welterweight Of All Time: Sugar Ray Robinson- 173-19-6
- Greatest Lightweight Of All Time: Roberto Duran- 103-16-70
- Greatest Featherweight Of All Time: Willie Pep- 230-11-1