History Facts About Synchro
||Synchro in Olympics
||Facts About Synchro
Click this to see more information on the history of synchronized swimming!
- Synchronized swimming was known as "water ballet".
- Around the 20th century, an Australian swimmer named Annette Kellerman toured the United States, showcasing her talent of water acrobatics. Her shows were very popular and inspired others to try it and make it a sport.
- As synchronized swimming was getting spread, Katherine Curtis had the idea of combining water acrobatics with music.
- Synchronized swimming was soon introduced to movies by Esther Williams.
- As synchronized swimming got popular, it became a sport in Los Angeles in 1984.