Picture by Aldo Calvini Benedetti
- The first skateboards only consisted of wooden boards with roller skate wheels attached to the bottom.
- Invented sometime in the late 1940s, or early 1950s, when California surfers wanted to surf on the streets.
- Nobody knows who made the first skateboard.
- In 1963, one of the earliest Skateboard exhibitions was held at the Pier Avenue Junior High School, California sponsored by Larry Stevenson.
- In 1964, a television show called "Surf's Up" helped promote skateboarding to the public.